Sunday, October 6, 2013

Feels Right

I will be keeping this post short and sweet.

You know as frustrating as this all feels/is sometimes it's actually very rewarding being a foster parent, not easy, but when is life ever easy. 

 Hubby and I don't know much on how baby girl is doing, just that the SW visited the first week she was back with bio mom and we were told she was doing ok.  We would like to think that all is good and that she will not go back into the system. 

 It's been almost 2 weeks now since we got a call for our second placement. My husband called me at work to let me know there was a 2 week old baby boy born on my birthday (could it be a sign?) ready to be picked up straight from the hospital.  At first I was a bit hesitant as the baby is so young and I've never cared for a newborn before, so it was a bit scary, what if I break him? After giving it some thought we decided to go for it, there was a baby out there who needed a home/family right now and so here we are with an almost 1 month old baby boy who is probably the best baby ever (that I have met).  He doesn't cry much, just when he is getting a bath other than that I would say we have gotten pretty lucky with an easy baby...so far. 

I do have to say that one of my least favorite things is changing a poopy diaper, I have to admit that I did end up cutting off a onesie off the baby because there was a poop explosion and got all over baby boy's clothes cause he was moving those little legs too much.  There was just no way I was going to take it off by pulling it over his head and get poop all over him...don't judge :) 

So as always the journey continues.

His little outfit to wear through out the month of October :)





No comments:

Post a Comment